The PGA Tour’s 2021-2022 season comes to an end with this week’s Tour Championship. The top 30 players in the FedEx Cup standings will compete for a $65 million purse that includes a first-place prize of $18 million. No pressure, huh?
Defending champ Patrick Cantlay will be part of the field at East Lake Golf Club in Atlanta. The tournament uses a Starting Strokes scoring system, effectively giving players a head start based on their position in the FedEx Cup point standings. As last season’s point leader, Cantlay began the Tour Championship at -10 and eventually finished at -21 on the par-70 host course. This year, Scottie Scheffler enters the Tour Championship as the leader in the FedEx Cup point standings, followed by Cantlay (who won last week’s BMW Championship) and Will Zalatoris. Read on to see how the BettingPros staff sizes up the odds for the top players in the field.
- 2022 Tour Championship Betting Guide
- Best Parlay Odds, Picks & Predictions
- Best Prop Bet Odds, Picks & Predictions
- Pre-Tournament Head-to-Head Best Bets
- Hideki Matsuyama Betting Odds, Preview, & Prediction
- Patrick Cantlay Betting Odds, Preview & Prediction
- Rory McIlroy Betting Odds, Preview & Prediction
- Xander Schauffele Betting Odds, Preview & Prediction
- Sam Burns Betting Odds, Preview, & Prediction
- Justin Thomas Betting Odds, Preview & Prediction
- Matthew Fitzpatrick Betting Odds, Preview & Prediction
- Cameron Young Betting Odds, Preview & Prediction
- Sungjae Im Betting Odds, Preview & Prediction
- Will Zalatoris Betting Odds, Preview & Prediction
Jon Rahm Stats to Know
- Best Odds to Win (With Starting Strokes): +1600 (via FanDuel)
- World Ranking: 6
- FedEx Cup Rank: 11
- Best PGA Tour Championship finish: 2 (2021)
- Last 4 PGA Tour Championship finishes: 2, 4, T12, T11
- Last 4 tournament finishes: T8, T5, T34, T55
Jon Rahm PGA Tour Championship History
Finishing runner-up here last season, Rahm comes into this event with one of the best PGA Tour Championship histories in recent memory. In 20 career rounds here, Rahm ranks #4 in the field in true Strokes Gained at +2.48.
After shooting a pair of 65s on Thursday/Friday last year, Rahm “faded” late, shooting 68 for Saturday/Sunday. His three top 10s here at East Lake will certainly be a weapon for him this week.
Jon Rahm’s Recent Form
With five straight top 10s to close out his 2021-22 season, Rahm has comparatively struggled to close out this one. Prior to the playoffs, Rham had finished T55 and T34 in his two preceding events, which for a player of his caliber, leaves a lot to be desired.
He has, however, performed well this postseason, with a T5 at the Fed Ex St. Jude followed up with a T8 at the BMW Championship last week.
Jon Rahm PGA Tour Championship Predictions
Coming into the week top five on Tour in SG: Off-the-Tee (#1), SG: Tee-to-Green (#4), and SG: Total (#3), Rahm is very much a contender to do well here once again at East Lake, and will start the week at -3.
With success off the tee critical here for success, I expect Rahm to set himself to compete over the weekend and like for him to be in the top five when it’s all said and done.
Whether you’re new to sports betting or a betting pro, our Sports Betting Strategy and Advice page is for you. You can get started with our 101 section — including 10 Sports Betting Tips for Beginners — or head to more advanced strategies — like Key Numbers When Betting Against the Spread — to learn more.