The PGA Tour’s 2021-2022 season comes to an end with this week’s Tour Championship. The top 30 players in the FedEx Cup standings will compete for a $65 million purse, including a first-place prize of $18 million. No pressure, huh?
Defending champ Patrick Cantlay will be part of the field at East Lake Golf Club in Atlanta. The tournament uses a Starting Strokes scoring system, effectively giving players a head start based on their position in the FedEx Cup point standings. As last season’s point leader, Cantlay began the Tour Championship at -10 and eventually finished at -21 on the par-70 host course.
This year, Scottie Scheffler enters the Tour Championship as the leader in the FedEx Cup point standings, followed by Cantlay (who won last week’s BMW Championship) and Will Zalatoris.
Read on to see how the BettingPros staff sizes up the odds for the top players in the field.
- 2022 Tour Championship Betting Guide
- Best Parlay Odds, Picks & Predictions
- Best Prop Bet Odds, Picks & Predictions
- Pre-Tournament Head-to-Head Best Bets
- Jon Rahm Betting Odds, Preview, & Prediction
- Hideki Matsuyama Betting Odds, Preview, & Prediction
- Patrick Cantlay Betting Odds, Preview & Prediction
- Rory McIlroy Betting Odds, Preview & Prediction
- Xander Schauffele Betting Odds, Preview & Prediction
- Sam Burns Betting Odds, Preview, & Prediction
- Matthew Fitzpatrick Betting Odds, Preview & Prediction
- Cameron Young Betting Odds, Preview & Prediction
- Sungjae Im Betting Odds, Preview & Prediction
- Will Zalatoris Betting Odds, Preview & Prediction
Justin Thomas Stats to Know
- Best Odds to Win: (26-1 via FanDuel) | (22-1 via DraftKings)
- World Ranking: 7
- Best Tour Championship Finish: T2 (2019-2020 & 2016-2017)
- Last Four Tour Championship Finishes: 4, T2, T3, T7
- Last Four Tournament Finishes: T52, T13, T53, Missed Cut
Justin Thomas Tournament History
Justin Thomas has played in six straight Tour Championships dating back to the 2015-2016 season and has never finished worse than tied for seventh place. Included in the six consecutive top-seven finishes at East Lake Golf Course are two second-place finishes for Thomas. Thomas may have a bad taste in his mouth after last year’s fourth-place finish, including a final round of 70 with rounds of 67-67-65-70 for the week.
Justin Thomas Recent Form
Thomas has seen a lot of success this year with 10 finishes inside the top-eight, including a Major win at the PGA Championship. However, more recently, over Thomas’ last five tournaments, he has only finished inside the top 35 once, with a T13 finish at TPC Southwind in the FedEx St. Jude Championship.
Justin Thomas Tour Championship Prediction
Thomas is starting the Tour Championship at -3, seven strokes behind the leader Scottie Scheffler at -10. Ranking 172nd in driving accuracy percentage and 35th in greens in regulation percentage for the year while ranking seventh overall in scoring average has shown that Thomas can score well without playing perfect golf, giving him a chance to win every week. Considering his past success at East Lake, a top-five finish for Thomas is well within reach, and you can expect to see him in contention on Sunday.
Whether you’re new to sports betting or a betting pro, our Sports Betting Strategy and Advice page is for you. You can get started with our 101 section — including 10 Sports Betting Tips for Beginners — or head to more advanced strategies — like Key Numbers When Betting Against the Spread — to learn more.