The PGA Tour’s 2021-2022 season comes to an end with this week’s Tour Championship. The top 30 players in the FedEx Cup standings will compete for a $65 million purse that includes a first-place prize of $18 million. No pressure, huh?
Defending champ Patrick Cantlay will be part of the field at East Lake Golf Club in Atlanta. The tournament uses a Starting Strokes scoring system, effectively giving players a head start based on their position in the FedEx Cup point standings. As last season’s point leader, Cantlay began the Tour Championship at -10 and eventually finished at -21 on the par-70 host course.
This year, Scottie Scheffler enters the Tour Championship as the leader in the FedEx Cup point standings, followed by Cantlay (who won last week’s BMW Championship) and Will Zalatoris.
Read on to see how the BettingPros staff sizes up the odds for the top players in the field.
- 2022 Tour Championship Betting Guide
- Best Parlay Odds, Picks & Predictions
- Best Prop Bet Odds, Picks & Predictions
- Pre-Tournament Head-to-Head Best Bets
- Jon Rahm Betting Odds, Preview, & Prediction
- Hideki Matsuyama Betting Odds, Preview, & Prediction
- Rory McIlroy Betting Odds, Preview & Prediction
- Xander Schauffele Betting Odds, Preview & Prediction
- Sam Burns Betting Odds, Preview, & Prediction
- Justin Thomas Betting Odds, Preview & Prediction
- Matthew Fitzpatrick Betting Odds, Preview & Prediction
- Cameron Young Betting Odds, Preview & Prediction
- Sungjae Im Betting Odds, Preview & Prediction
- Will Zalatoris Betting Odds, Preview & Prediction
Patrick Cantlay Stats to Know
- Best Odds to Win: +430 (FanDuel Sportsbook)
- World Ranking: 3
- Best Tour Championship finish: 1
- Last Four Tour Championship finishes: 1, 21, 21, 20
- Last Four Tournament Finishes: 1, 57, 2, 8
Patrick Cantlay Tour Championship History
Cantlay is the defending champion at East Lake GC. He will start the tournament two strokes back of FedEx Cup leader Scottie Scheffler. Cantlay started off last year’s tournament in first position and held on for the win over Jon Rahm. When looking at total strokes, he would have finished in a tie for fourth. Cantlay gained over six strokes ball-striking last year after missing out on the tournament in 2020. After a poor first three attempts at East Lake GC, Cantlay is now a strong contender to repeat.
Patrick Cantlay’s Recent Form
Cantlay comes into this tournament the same way he did last year, coming off a win at the BMW Championship. When looking at the strokes gained numbers, Cantlay won the tournament in a different fashion compared to last year. In 2021, he rode a strong putter, gaining 14.6 strokes on the greens at Caves Valley GC. Last week Cantlay put on a ball-striking display in his victory by gaining over nine strokes with the driver and irons at Wilmington CC. Including the win last week, Cantlay has finished top 15 in seven of eight starts.
Patrick Cantlay Tour Championship Prediction
Cantlay is appropriately second on the odds board this week to Scottie Scheffler. He has gained over seven strokes total to the field in seven of his last eight starts. Even starting two strokes back, I believe Cantlay has a great chance to repeat what he did in 2021 by winning both the Tour Championship and BMW Championship in the same year.
Whether you’re new to sports betting or a betting pro, our Sports Betting Strategy and Advice page is for you. You can get started with our 101 section — including 10 Sports Betting Tips for Beginners — or head to more advanced strategies — like Key Numbers When Betting Against the Spread — to learn more.