The PGA Tour’s 2021-2022 season comes to an end with this week’s Tour Championship. The top 30 players in the FedEx Cup standings will compete for a $65 million purse that includes a first-place prize of $18 million. No pressure, huh?
Defending champ Patrick Cantlay will be part of the field at East Lake Golf Club in Atlanta. The tournament uses a Starting Strokes scoring system, effectively giving players a head start based on their position in the FedEx Cup point standings. As last season’s point leader, Cantlay began the Tour Championship at -10 and eventually finished at -21 on the par-70 host course.
This year, Scottie Scheffler enters the Tour Championship as the leader in the FedEx Cup point standings, followed by Cantlay (who won last week’s BMW Championship) and Will Zalatoris.
Read on to see how the BettingPros staff sizes up the odds for the top players in the field.
- 2022 Tour Championship Betting Guide
- Best Parlay Odds, Picks & Predictions
- Best Prop Bet Odds, Picks & Predictions
- Pre-Tournament Head-to-Head Best Bets
- Jon Rahm Betting Odds, Preview, & Prediction
- Hideki Matsuyama Betting Odds, Preview, & Prediction
- Patrick Cantlay Betting Odds, Preview & Prediction
- Xander Schauffele Betting Odds, Preview & Prediction
- Sam Burns Betting Odds, Preview, & Prediction
- Justin Thomas Betting Odds, Preview & Prediction
- Matthew Fitzpatrick Betting Odds, Preview & Prediction
- Cameron Young Betting Odds, Preview & Prediction
- Sungjae Im Betting Odds, Preview & Prediction
- Will Zalatoris Betting Odds, Preview & Prediction
Rory McIlroy Stats to Know
- Best Odds to Win: +1100 (DraftKings Sportsbook)
- World Ranking: 4
- Best Tour Championship finish: 1
- Last Four Tour Championship finishes: 14, 8, 1, 7
- Last Four Tournament Finishes: 8, MC, 3, 19
Rory McIlroy Tour Championship History
McIlroy leads the field in total strokes gained at East Lake GC while also leading the field in total strokes gained over the last 50 rounds. He has won this tournament twice in eight starts. Last year’s poor finish was mainly due to a four over the third round, which saw him fall out of contention. Prior to last year, McIlroy finished in the top 10 in his previous four starts at the Tour Championship.
Rory McIlroy’s Recent Form
Rory’s 2022 season has been excellent in terms of strokes gained on the field. While he leads the tour in total strokes gained this year, Rory unfortunately only has one win to speak for it. Rory led the field in strokes and gained T2G last week at the BMW Championship but lost 4.6 strokes with the putter. He lost 1.4 strokes with the putter during his prior start at the FedEx St. Jude, where he missed the cut. Rory can get hot with the putter, as evidenced by his win at the RBC Canadian Open in June, where he gained 5.9 strokes with the flat stick.
Rory McIlroy Tour Championship Prediction
Rory starts the tournament at four under, which is six back of the leader Scottie Scheffler. His T2G performance last week was encouraging, but Rory will have to run hot on the greens to make up the deficit. Given his recent struggles with the putter, I don’t see Rory being a factor this weekend.
Whether you’re new to sports betting or a betting pro, our Sports Betting Strategy and Advice page is for you. You can get started with our 101 section — including 10 Sports Betting Tips for Beginners — or head to more advanced strategies — like Key Numbers When Betting Against the Spread — to learn more.