The PGA Tour’s 2021-2022 season comes to an end with this week’s Tour Championship. The top 30 players in the FedEx Cup standings will compete for a $65 million purse that includes a first-place prize of $18 million. No pressure, huh?
Defending champ Patrick Cantlay will be part of the field at East Lake Golf Club in Atlanta. The tournament uses a Starting Strokes scoring system, effectively giving players a head start based on their position in the FedEx Cup point standings. As last season’s point leader, Cantlay began the Tour Championship at -10 and eventually finished at -21 on the par-70 host course.
This year, Scottie Scheffler enters the Tour Championship as the leader in the FedEx Cup point standings, followed by Cantlay (who won last week’s BMW Championship) and Will Zalatoris.
Read on to see how the BettingPros staff sizes up the odds for the top players in the field.
- 2022 Tour Championship Betting Guide
- Best Parlay Odds, Picks & Predictions
- Best Prop Bet Odds, Picks & Predictions
- Pre-Tournament Head-to-Head Best Bets
- Jon Rahm Betting Odds, Preview, & Prediction
- Hideki Matsuyama Betting Odds, Preview, & Prediction
- Patrick Cantlay Betting Odds, Preview & Prediction
- Rory McIlroy Betting Odds, Preview & Prediction
- Sam Burns Betting Odds, Preview, & Prediction
- Justin Thomas Betting Odds, Preview & Prediction
- Matthew Fitzpatrick Betting Odds, Preview & Prediction
- Cameron Young Betting Odds, Preview & Prediction
- Sungjae Im Betting Odds, Preview & Prediction
- Will Zalatoris Betting Odds, Preview & Prediction
Xander Schauffele Stats to Know
- Best Odds to Win: +750 (FanDuel Sportsbook)
- World Ranking: 5
- BestTour Championship finish: 1
- Last Four Tour Championship finishes: 5, 2, 2, 7
- Last Four Tournament Finishes: 3, 57, 15, 1
Xander Schauffele Tour Championship History
Xander has an excellent record at East Lake GC. In five starts, Xander has not finished worse than seventh place, which includes a win in 2017. He is the number 1 ranked golfer in the field in terms of average strokes gained at this tournament, having never lost strokes T2G across his five starts. Last year he finished fifth but only trailed Jon Rahm and Kevin Na for the week in total strokes.
Xander Schauffele’s Recent Form
Outside of a poor performance at the FedEx St. Jude, Xander is one of the most in-form golfers in the field. He has two wins in his last five starts and has finished outside of the top 20 once over his last nine tournaments. All facets of his game seem to be in order. Specifically, his irons have been excellent, having gained over four strokes to the field in six of his last seven measured events.
Xander Schauffele Tour Championship Prediction
Xander starts the tournament at six under, four back of the leader Scottie Scheffler. Xander has the ability to make up the deficit, but it may be a little too much to overcome for the outright win. I see him keeping his string of top 10’s at East Lake GC intact and should be considered in Winner Without Starting Strokes markets at +800 (DraftKings Sportsbook).
Whether you’re new to sports betting or a betting pro, our Sports Betting Strategy and Advice page is for you. You can get started with our 101 section — including 10 Sports Betting Tips for Beginners — or head to more advanced strategies — like Key Numbers When Betting Against the Spread — to learn more.