Whether you’re new to sports betting or a betting pro, our Sports Betting Strategy and Advice page is for you. You can get started with our 101 section — including Common Sports Betting Terms — or head to more advanced strategy — like 10 Tips to Become a Sharper Sports Bettor — to learn more.
This is your classic case of teams trending in opposite directions. The Buccaneers are almost out of the playoff picture with a 5-7 record, but they have been playing some pretty good football lately. Tampa has won three of their past four games, topping the Cardinals, Falcons, and Jaguars. The offense seems to be clicking, and their defense is playing at a respectable level. They’ll look to keep that momentum while taking on an AFC opponent at home on Sunday afternoon.
Meanwhile, the Colts’ playoff aspirations are starting to slip away. Indianapolis is currently sitting on a 6-6 record, which is two games behind the Texans for the AFC South lead and one game back in the Wild Card. The Colts desperately need a win to stay in the postseason hunt.
- Opening Lines: The spread has risen from Buccaneers -2 to -3. The over/under has fallen from 49.5.
- Current Line: Buccaneers -3 at FanDuel Sportsbook
- O/U: 47.5 at FanDuel Sportsbook
- Location: Raymond James Stadium – Tampa, FL
- Start Time: 1;00 ET
- Television: CBS
- Last Meeting: November 29, 2015 – Colts defeated Buccaneers 25-12 in Indianapolis
Most people didn’t expect the Buccaneers to rattle off three wins in their last four games, but we need to consider the quality of competition. The Cardinals, Falcons, and Jaguars aren’t exactly the most competitive of franchises at this stage in the season. Facing the Colts will present a new challenge for the Bucs. Will Tampa revert to their bad habits from earlier in the season, or have the Bucs turned a corner after putting together one of their best all-around performances last week? The Colts will continue to operate without T.Y. Hilton, who would’ve been the best candidate to exploit a Tampa secondary that has been vulnerable from time-to-time this season.
- The Colts are 6-2-1 ATS in their last nine road games.
- The Buccaneers are 0-5 in their last five home games.
- The under is 12-4 in the Colts last 16 as a road underdog.
- The over is 4-0 in the Buccaneers last four home games.
Jack Doyle OVER 51 Receiving Yards
Eric Ebron is done for the season, meaning Jack Doyle won’t have to split pass-catching opportunities with him. WR T.Y. Hilton is doubtful for this contest, and WR Parris Campbell is pretty iffy as well. In other words, Doyle could be the top receiving option against a vulnerable Tampa secondary. The Bucs have allowed the second-most yards to opposing tight ends, and Doyle should thrive in this spot.
The injuries for Indianapolis are worrisome, but I’m taking the better overall defense getting points. The Colts should be hungry while playing for postseason aspirations, and I believe they’ll grab the outright victory on the road.
Pick: Colts +3 at FanDuel Sportsbook
Check out our other NFL Sports Betting Guides for Week 14
- Washington at Green Bay Packers (-13)
- Detriot Lions at Minnesota Vikings (-12.5)
- San Francisco 49ers at New Orleans Saints (-2.5)
- Denver Broncos at Houston Texans (-9)
- Cincinnati Bengals at Cleveland Browns (-7)
- Baltimore Ravens at Buffalo Bills (+6)
- Carolina Panthers at Atlanta Falcons (-3.5)
- Miami Dolphins at New York Jets (-5)
- Los Angeles Chargers at Jacksonville Jaguars (+3)
- Tennessee Titans at Oakland Raiders (+3)
- Pittsburgh Steelers at Arizona Cardinals (+2.5)
- Kansas City Chiefs at New England Patriots (-3)
- Seattle Seahawks at Los Angeles Rams (-1)
- New York Giants at Philadelphia Eagles (-9)