The Kansas City Chiefs travel to Nashville to take on the Tennessee Titans in this AFC matchup. While there is a chance we could see the battle of the former Miami Dolphins quarterbacks, Matt Moore and Ryan Tannehill, many believe reigning MVP Patrick Mahomes will be back on the field.
With nothing confirmed, betting lines are sure to change one way or another before kickoff once official news comes out. Because of this, we could get ahead of the curve betting on this game early.
Chiefs vs Titans Odds and Info
All odds taken from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Opening Lines: KC -4.5, O/U 48.5
- Moneyline: KC (-215) | TEN (+184)
- Spread: KC -4.5 (-120) | TEN +4.5 (+100)
- Total: 48.5 — Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
- Location: Nissan Stadium — Nashville, TN
- Start Time: 1 pm ET
- Coverage: CBS
- Kansas City Chiefs: QB Patrick Mahomes (Q), OT Eric Fisher (Q), DE Frank Clark (Q), DE Alex Okafor (Q), CB Kendall Fuller (Q), G Laurent Duvernay-Tardif (Q)
- Tennessee Titans: TE Delanie Walker (Q), WR Corey Davis (Q), C Ben Jones (Q), DT Jurrell Casey (Q), LB Jayon Brown (Q), LB Harold Landry III (Q)
The Kansas City Chiefs are fresh off a big win over the Minnesota Vikings, and now it looks like they will have their leader back in Patrick Mahomes. Since his injury, the run defense and offensive line have both picked up their play, giving Mahomes a better situation in his return. Over the past five quarters, the team has gotten away from LeSean McCoy in the backfield after his costly fumble, choosing instead to provide Damien Williams heavy snaps yet again (76 percent of the snaps in the past five quarters). This has led to success for both Williams and the Chiefs alike, with him totaling 158 yards and establishing a running game again, something that really struggled to begin the season. If Kansas City is able to run the ball effectively this week and onward, this offense will again become just as dangerous as it was last season.
The Titans have found more success following their switch at quarterback to Ryan Tannehill. He has averaged 278.7 yards through the air in his three starts, leading his team to two wins, both one-score games. The running game continues to be effective, with the team averaging 100.8 yards on the ground. They will go to the running game early in this one, hoping to control the clock and give their defense plenty of time to rest and adjust. The defense overall has been solid this season, allowing just 18.3 points (No. 7 in NFL) and 357.6 yards (No. 13 in NFL).
- Kansas City is 2-4 against the spread (ATS) in its last six games.
- The total has hit the over in five of Kansas City’s last seven games.
- The total has hit the over in six of Tennessee’s last eight home games.
- Tennessee is 1-4 ATS in its last five games against AFC opponents.
- The Chiefs lead the all-time series with the Titans, 29-23.
- Last Meeting: January 6, 2018 — The Titans defeated the Chiefs, 22-21, at Arrowhead Stadium.
The return of Patrick Mahomes should bring a ton of energy into this Chiefs team. With Tyreek Hill and Sammy Watkins both healthy and at his disposal, this offense should be able to create mismatches and get back to their high-scoring ways. Last week, the Titans were gashed on the ground, giving up 156 yards, while also allowing two passing touchdowns. If Carolina is able to do that against Tennessee, the Chiefs should be able to do it with relative ease, which will be too much for Tannehill and his offense to keep up with.
Check out our other NFL Sports Betting Guides for Week 10
Atlanta Falcons at New Orleans Saints (-14)
Buffalo Bills at Cleveland Browns (-3)
New York Giants at New York Jets (+2.5)
Baltimore Ravens at Cincinnati Bengals (+10.5)
Los Angeles Rams at Pittsburgh Steelers (+4.5)
Arizona Cardinals at Tampa Bay Buccaneers (-4.5)
Miami Dolphins at Indianapolis Colts (-11.5)
Carolina Panthers at Green Bay Packers (-5)
Detroit Lions at Chicago Bears (-2.5)
Minnesota Vikings at Dallas Cowboys (-3.5)
Seattle Seahawks at San Francisco 49ers (-6.5)