On the Men’s side, Novak Djokovic, Roger Federer, and Andy Murray have combined to win the previous ten Wimbledon titles. On the Women’s side, there has been much more parity, as Wimbledon has crowned a different champion each of the last five years. The closest thing to dominance in that span has been Serena Williams, who has won three titles and finished runner-up on two other occasions. However, there has been an overall dominant force on the WTA for the last several months, as Iga Swiatek has won 35 consecutive matches, tying Venus Williams’ mark for the longest consecutive match winning streak by a woman in this century.
The Women’s Draw received a big jolt with the inclusion of Serena Williams, who will play her first tournament in 12 months. However, there are also notable absences, such as Aryna Sabalenka, Daria Kasatkina, Victoria Azarenka, and Ekaterina Alexandrova, as Wimbledon has banned all players from Russia and Belarus due to the ongoing war in the Ukraine. And most-recently, Naomi Osaka announced she would miss Wimbledon because of an Achilles injury. However, she was also critical of Wimbledon feeling like an exhibition this year as the tournament temporarily did away with ranking points.
This is the first annual BettingPros Guide to Wimbledon, where we will highlight several of the top contenders from both the Men’s and Women’s Draws.
Is any player poised to challenge Swiatek and end her historic winning streak? Will any woman break through for their first Grand Slam title with a somewhat compromised Wimbledon field?
Check out stats you need to know for each of the top players in the Men’s 2022 Wimbledon draw.
Felix Auger-Aliassime Stats to Know
- Odds to Win: +1800 (DraftKings)
- World Ranking: 9
- Best Wimbledon Finish: Quarterfinalist in 2021
- Last 4 Wimbledon Finishes: QF, 3R, A, A
- Last 4 tournament finishes: QF (Halle), SF (‘s-Hertogenbosch), R16 (French Open), QF (ATP Masters 1000 Rome)
Carlos Alcaraz Garfia Stats to Know
- Odds to Win: +1400 (DraftKings)
- World Ranking: 7
- Best Wimbledon Finish: Second Round in 2021
- Last 4 Wimbledon Finishes: 2R, DNP, DNP, DNP
- Last 4 tournament finishes: QF (French Open), W (ATP Masters 1000 Madrid), W (Barcelona), R32 (ATP Masters 1000 Monte Carlo)
Rafael Nadal Stats to Know
- Odds to Win: +650 (DraftKings)
- World Ranking: 4
- Best Wimbledon Finish: Won in 2008, 2010
- Last 4 Wimbledon Finishes: SF, SF, 4R, 2R
- Last 4 tournament finishes: W (French Open), R16 (ATP Masters 1000 Rome), QF (ATP Masters 1000 Madrid), F (ATP Masters 1000 Indian Wells)
Matteo Berrettini Stats to Know
- Odds to Win: +550 (DraftKings)
- World Ranking: 11
- Best Wimbledon Finish: Finalist in 2021
- Last 4 Wimbledon Finishes: F, 4R, 2R, A
- Last 4 tournament finishes: W (London/Queen’s Club), W (Stuttgart), R16 (ATP Masters Indian Wells), R32 (Acapulco)
Novak Djokovic Stats to Know
- Odds to Win: -120 (DraftKings)
- World Ranking: 3
- Best Wimbledon Finish: Six-time winner
- Last 4 Wimbledon Finishes: W, W, W, QF
- Last 4 tournament finishes: QF (French Open), W (ATP Masters 1000 Rome), SF (ATP Masters 1000 Madrid), F (Belgrade)
Wimbledon 2022 Betting Odds, Preview & Predictions
Whether you’re new to sports betting or a betting pro, our Sports Betting Strategy and Advice page is for you. You can get started with our 101 section — including 10 Sports Betting Tips for Beginners — or head to more advanced strategies — like Key Numbers When Betting Against the Spread — to learn more.