This game features a young team still trying to establish themselves but are looking better as they are coming off their first. Unfortunately, the other team is heading in the opposite direction as losing their star quarterback has put them in a tailspin.
- Opening Lines: Jaguars +3.5; O/U 43.5
- Current Lines: Jaguars +3.5; O/U 44.5
- Location: Lumen Field— Seattle, WA
- Start Time: 4:05 p.m. EDT
- TV: CBS
- Last Meeting: December 10, 2017 — Jaguars 30, Seahawks 24
At the beginning of the season, who would have thought the Jacksonville Jaguars would be the team going into this game with a win. Head coach Urban Myer and NFL. No. 1 overall pick quarterback picked up their first win in London over the Miami Dolphins 23-20. Lawrence had his second 300+ passing yard performance of his young career, along with a passing touchdown.
It’s never easy going to Seattle to win a football game, but there will be no Russell Wilson, and he will not face the Legion Of Boom. Last week against New Orleans was the first time the Seattle defense did not give up over 20 points. Jacksonville is still in the early stages of this new regime, but if they had a chance at back-to-back wins this year, this is it.
We have seen in two and a half games how important Russell Wilson is to Seattle’s success. It’s been a gruesome ride with Geno Smith as the quarterback. They’ve relied heavily on running back Alex Collins, with 36 carries in the last two games. Three games in a row they’ve had to turn to Geno Smith to win a game, and the results are not good:
- vs. LA Rams: Game-ending interception.
- vs. Steelers: Fumble loss deep in Seahawks territory to set up game-winning overtime for Steelers.
- vs. Saints: Turn over on the downs.
Five games back in the NFC West, they hope to get Wilson back early enough to contend for a Wild Card spot.
- The OVER is 9-3 (75.0%) in Jacksonville’s last 12 games when the spread is between 1.5 and 5.5 on Sundays.
- The UNDER is 12-3-1 (80.0%) in Seattle’s last 16 games.
- Jacksonville is 7-8 in their last 15 games as an underdog.
- The OVER is 10-14 in Seattle’s last 24 games as a favorite on Sundays.
This Jaguars team has momentum even with the week off. You could give Seattle a chance with Geno Smith if the defense were playing well, but that has been the case. I’m feeling upset.
Pick: Jaguars +3.5
Whether you’re new to sports betting or a betting pro, our How To Bet and Sports Betting Strategy and Advice pages are for you. You can get started with our 101 section — including How to Bet on Sports — or head to more advanced strategy — like 10 Tips to Become a Sharper Sports Bettor — to learn more.