March Madness is here, which means it’s time for me to dust off the ol’ player projection model, forecast the playing time for hundreds of players I’ve never heard of and place a psychologically unhealthy number of prop bets for the next three weeks.
I’ll be honest: I don’t follow college basketball. I like the sport in theory, but in actuality I don’t take the time to watch it. That has been the case for years.
Even so, in 2019 I pulled together a “model” (set of spreadsheets) to project player production for the NCAA men’s basketball tournament, and since then I’ve used this model (and updated versions of it) to bet profitably in the player prop market.
- 2019: 125-69-12, +39.8 units
- 2021: 106-64-1, +33.8 units
- 2022: 243-210, +14.9 units
- 2023: 201-156, +34.22 units (Through Saturday Round 2)
- Round 2 Picks & Predictions (Sunday)
- Round 2 Player Prop Bet Picks & Predictions (Sunday)
- Round 2 Same Game Parlay Picks (Sunday)
- NCAA Tournament Survivor Guide For Round 2 (Sunday)
Get the FREE BettingPros sports betting app and start making winning bets with expert advice and picks >>
Subscribe to Continue Reading
Unlock powerful tools, features and content for all Sports Bettors.
Already have an account? LoginGo Premium