Whether you’re new to sports betting or a betting pro, our Sports Betting Strategy and Advice page is for you. You can get started with our 101 section — including How to Choose a Sportsbook — or head to more advanced strategy — like Which Sports Are Most Profitable to Bet? — to learn more.
The Bengals are currently winless on the season with an ugly 0-11 record. Their betting record currently stands at 4-7 ATS, but they have only covered once in the past five games. Cincinnati made the switch to Ryan Finley over Andy Dalton at quarterback, and growing pains have been associated with that move. Dalton is now back in the starting role for the Bengals, which could give them a much-needed boost on Sunday.
Meanwhile, the Jets have rattled off three straight wins after starting the season at 1-7. QB Sam Darnold is finally healthy while leading his offense to scoring 34 points in each of those three wins. The Jets have covered in those contests as well, and their 34-3 victory over the Raiders last week was particularly impressive. They’ll look to carry that momentum on the road at Cincinnati on Sunday.
- Opening Lines: The spread opened at Jets -3.5 before falling to -3. The over/under has stayed at 41.5.
- Current Line: Jets -3 at FanDuel Sportsbook
- O/U: 41.5 at FanDuel Sportsbook
- Location: Paul Brown Stadium – Cincinnati, OH
- Start Time: 1:00pm ET
- Television: CBS
- Last Meeting: September 11, 2016 – Bengals defeated Jets 23-22 in New York
Is this finally the spot where Cincinnati can earn their first win of the season? Sure, the Bengals are taking at the moment, but they are also hungry to get into the win column to avoid the dubious tag of a winless team. The Jets have been much worse on the road this season, but most of those matchups came before this confident version of New York emerged. The Bengals have come close in recent games, losing 17-10 at Oakland and 16-10 vs. Pittsburgh in the last two weeks. You have to credit their defense for tightening things up, and that will need to be the case again in order for them to pull off the upset victory.
- The Bengals are 1-10 ATS in their last 11 home games.
- The over is 4-1 in the Jets’ last five road games.
- The under is 5-1 in the Bengals’ last six games.
Sam Darnold UNDER 247 Passing Yards
I understand that taking “under props” isn’t much fun, but it seems like the right side in this case. Darnold has been hot in his last three games, but he’s facing a Cincinnati defense that is playing much better at the moment. On top of that, we could see wet, cold, and windy conditions on Sunday, which would help drive Darnold’s yardage under the total.
An overwhelming 76% of BettingPros’ experts alongside 72% of the public are taking the Jets in this spot. I believe Andy Dalton will push the Bengals over the hump and give them their first win of the season. They have been extremely close in the last two weeks, and Dalton could be the final ingredient to make it happen.
Pick: Bengals +3 at FanDuel Sportsbook
Check out our other NFL Sports Betting Guides for Week 13
- Philadelphia Eagles at Miami Dolphins (+10)
- San Francisco 49ers at Baltimore Ravens (-5.5)
- Cleveland Browns at Pittsburgh Steelers (+2)
- Green Bay Packers at New York Giants (+6.5)
- Washington Redskins at Carolina Panthers (-10)
- Tennessee Titans at Indianapolis Colts (-2)
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Jacksonville Jaguars (+2.5)
- Los Angeles Chargers at Denver Broncos (+3)
- Los Angeles Rams at Arizona Cardinals (+3)
- Oakland Raiders at Kansas City Chiefs (-10)
- New England Patriots at Houston Texans (+3)
- Minnesota Vikings at Seattle Seahawks (-2.5)