In a battle for the top of the AFC West, the Oakland Raiders head to Arrowhead Stadium to take on the Kansas City Chiefs for the second time this season. In the first matchup, the Chiefs won 28-10, clearing the spread. Will we see the same result in Week 13, with Kansas City playing at home and coming off a bye week?
Raiders vs Chiefs Odds and Info
All odds taken from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Opening Lines: KC -10, O/U 54.5
- Moneyline: OAK: (+360) | KC: (-450)
- Spread: OAK: +9.5 (-105) | KC: -9.5 (-115)
- Total: 51.5 – Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
- Location: Arrowhead Stadium — Kansas City, MO
- Start Time: 4:25 pm ET
- Coverage: CBS
- Oakland Raiders: WR Hunter Renfrow (Out), C Rodney Hudson (Q), OT David Sharpe (Q), RB Josh Jacobs (Q), S Lamarcus Joyner (Q)
- Kansas City Chiefs: RB Damien Williams (Q), WR Sammy Watkins (Q)
The Oakland Raiders are coming off an embarrassing road loss, falling 34-3 to the Jets. This loss marks the third straight road loss for the Raiders, who hit the road to play in Kansas City. In last week’s game, quarterback Derek Carr was benched after looking more like last season’s Carr than this year. The passing game as a whole for Oakland this season has been competent, but it’s the running game that has been at the center of the Raiders’ success. Through 11 games, rookie running back Josh Jacobs has run for 957 yards and seven touchdowns. He will be relied on heavily in this game, as the Raiders attempt to keep the high-powered Chiefs offense off the field. Defensively for Oakland, they have struggled, allowing 25.8 points and 284.7 passing yards per game.
The Chiefs are coming off a bye, following their 24-17 win over the Chargers in Mexico. The bye week came at a good time, helping to get their pass-catchers healthy, as well as giving Patrick Mahomes’ knee a bit more time to heal, though he has not looked too limited with it. Their offense remains as one of the best in the league, averaging 28 points and over 400 yards per game. However, they also struggle defensively, allowing 23.3 points and 398.5 yards per game. It’s the run defense that has struggled most, giving up 143.1 yards on the ground per game. Their ability to stop the run will be vital in this matchup versus Oakland.
- The total has hit the under in five of Oakland’s last six road games against Kansas City.
- The total has hit the under in six of Oakland’s last eight games against Kansas City.
- Kansas City is 5-0 straight up in its last five home games against Oakland.
- Kansas City is 9-1 straight up in its last 10 games against Oakland.
- The Chiefs lead the all-time series with the Raiders, 66-53-2.
- Last Meeting: September 15, 2019 — The Chiefs defeated the Raiders, 28-10, at the O.co Coliseum.
All odds taken from FanDuel Sportsbook.
Home Team Total Points: Over 30.5 (-116)
This is a high projected total for the Chiefs, but it is certainly one they can go over at home. In their last three games against the Raiders (under Patrick Mahomes), they have averaged 34.3 points. Oakland is coming off an embarrassing loss, in which they gave up 34 points to the Jets. Meanwhile, the Chiefs are coming off a bye week, which allowed them to get healthier and game plan for the Raiders.
The Raiders have lost three straight road games and they have not won in Arrowhead since 2012. This does not look to be the spot where these trends are reversed. Since Mahomes has taken over at quarterback for the Chiefs, Kansas City has won all three games against Oakland, winning by an average of 19 points. Coming off a bye, Andy Reid will have his team prepared and firing on all cylinders, getting the win and clearing the spread.
Check out our other NFL Sports Betting Guides for Week 13
- Philadelphia Eagles at Miami Dolphins (+10)
- New York Jets at Cincinnati Bengals (+3)
- San Francisco 49ers at Baltimore Ravens (-5.5)
- Cleveland Browns at Pittsburgh Steelers (+2)
- Green Bay Packers at New York Giants (+6.5)
- Washington Redskins at Carolina Panthers (-10)
- Tennessee Titans at Indianapolis Colts (-2)
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Jacksonville Jaguars (+2.5)
- Los Angeles Chargers at Denver Broncos (+3)
- Los Angeles Rams at Arizona Cardinals (+3)
- New England Patriots at Houston Texans (+3)
- Minnesota Vikings at Seattle Seahawks (-2.5)