Whether you’re new to sports betting or a betting pro, our Sports Betting Strategy and Advice page is for you. You can get started with our 101 section — including How to Choose a Sportsbook — or head to more advanced strategy — like Which Sports Are Most Profitable to Bet? — to learn more.
It appeared that the Dolphins were playing better after winning two games with five straight covers against the spread. However, the last two weeks have been tough for Miami, losing by a combined score of 78-44 to the Bills and Browns. Something is clearly amiss on defense for the Dolphins, as they let both opponents seemingly do anything the wanted in back-to-back weeks.
Meanwhile, the Eagles have dropped two straight games to quality opponents in New England and Seattle. They should have an easier time on Sunday at Miami, and Philadelphia finds themselves with an opportunity to make up ground in the NFC East. The Eagles are currently trailing the Cowboys in the standings, but Dallas lost on Thursday against Buffalo. With a victory, Philadelphia would be tied with Dallas for the division lead.
- Opening Lines: The spread opened at Eagles -9 before jumping to -10. The over/under fell from 45 to 44.5.
- Current Line: Eagles -10 at FanDuel Sportsbook
- O/U: 44.5 at FanDuel Sportsbook
- Location: Hard Rock Stadium – Miami, FL
- Start Time: 1:00pm ET
- Television: FOX
- Last Meeting: November 15, 2015 – Dolphins defeated Eagles 20-19 in Philadelphia
You would be thinking Philadelphia is not overlooking their opportunity to slide into a tie for the division lead, despite playing a lesser opponent this weekend. The Eagles are still dealing with plenty of injuries, and QB Carson Wentz has struggled to find a rhythm lately. This makes for an excellent time for him to get back on track, as Miami’s secondary allowed Josh Allen and Baker Mayfield to put on a show in two straight weeks. Despite starting the season giving up a ton of yardage through the air, the Eagles’ secondary has been a bright spot in recent games. Their performance against QB Ryan Fitzpatrick and a pass-heavy Dolphins’ offense will be key.
- The Dolphins are 5-2 ATS in their last seven games.
- The under is 4-1 in the Eagles’ last five games.
- The Eagles are 5-1 ATS in their last six against the Dolphins.
Zach Ertz OVER 71 Receiving Yards
Ertz started the season slowly, much to the chagrin of his fantasy supporters. However, the All-Pro tight end has come on strong for the Eagles, posting 91 or more receiving yards in three straight games. The Eagles are banged-up at receiver right now, which funnels more targets to Ertz. I’m expecting that to continue at Miami on Sunday against a vulnerable Dolphins’ pass defense.
This is a beautiful “get right” spot for the Eagles’ offense, and I believe they will seize the opportunity. 61% of the public is taking Philadelphia here, and I’m favoring the chalk as well, despite laying double-digit points.
Pick: Eagles -10 at FanDuel Sportsbook
Check out our other NFL Sports Betting Guides for Week 13
- New York Jets at Cincinnati Bengals (+3)
- San Francisco 49ers at Baltimore Ravens (-5.5)
- Cleveland Browns at Pittsburgh Steelers (+2)
- Green Bay Packers at New York Giants (+6.5)
- Washington Redskins at Carolina Panthers (-10)
- Tennessee Titans at Indianapolis Colts (-2)
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Jacksonville Jaguars (+2.5)
- Los Angeles Chargers at Denver Broncos (+3)
- Los Angeles Rams at Arizona Cardinals (+3)
- Oakland Raiders at Kansas City Chiefs (-10)
- New England Patriots at Houston Texans (+3)
- Minnesota Vikings at Seattle Seahawks (-2.5)