March Madness is officially here! The 2023 NCAA Tournament Bracket has been announced, and the teams are lining up for the Big Dance. Let’s take a look at the early odds, preview, and predictions for the 2023 NCAA Tournament First Four game: Texas A&M-CC vs. Southeast Missouri State.
Check out all of our coverage for the 2023 NCAA Tournament >>
2023 March Madness Odds, Preview & Predictions: Texas A&M-CC vs. Southeast Missouri State
Texas A&M-CC vs. Southeast Missouri State Odds, Spread & Match Up Overview
- Texas A&M-CC Spread: -4.5
- Southeast Missouri State Spread: +4.5
- Texas A&M-CC Moneyline: -180
- Southeast Missouri State Moneyline: +155
- Game Over/Under: 153.5
Go Premium to access our most exclusive March Madness tools and advice >>
Texas A&M-CC 2023 NCAA Tournament Betting Preview
Steve Lutz has led Texas A&M-Corpus Christi to a second straight tournament appearance after a 23-10 season. The Islanders’ offense offers a balanced approach, with their rim-and-three rate ranking 117th in the nation. The Islanders can get to the basket, and they rebound their misses at a high clip. Corpus Christi forces turnovers with its physical play, which also sometimes causes foul trouble. TAMCC’s perimeter shooting ranks in the top 50 in Division I, and the Islanders have faced some good teams.
If Steve Lutz and Co. find themselves in close games late, their 80 percent free throw shooting will help. However, I would be surprised to find the Islanders competing late against a top team.
Use our FREE bracket optimizer to build a winning men’s NCAA tournament bracket & take down your contest >>
Southeast Missouri State 2023 NCAA Tournament Betting Preview
After ranking outside the top two in conference play, the Redhawks ran through the Ohio Valley Conference tournament, taking down Tennessee Tech in the title game to earn their bid. I will lead with the fact that Aquon Smart, a good defensive guard, is day to day with a foot injury, so keep track of his status. Southeast Missouri State hit a rut earlier in the year with an eight-game losing streak in November and December, bringing their metrics down. But the Redhawks were injured, and they are not the same team they were early in the season.
The Redhawks play at an incredibly uptempo pace, leaning heavily on the transition game, reaching the rim, and drawing contact. Defensively, Southeast Missouri State is a physical team that can force turnovers, and their depth means that foul trouble isn’t the end of the world. Coach Brad Korn is in his first NCAA Tournament, and the general lack of team experience might be a bit much when the Redhawks find themselves in the spotlight.
Texas A&M-CC vs. Southeast Missouri State 2023 NCAA Tournament Predictions
Our first game of the 2023 NCAA Tournament could be a true foul fest. Both Southeast Missouri State and Texas A&M Corpus-Christi rank inside the top 100 in free throw rate offensively and rank outside the top 300 in free throw rate defensively. Texas A&M Corpus-Christi can stroke it from deep, while SEMO allows teams to shoot 35.3% from deep. Conversely, A&M Corpus-Christi ranks 330th in 2-point defense.
I don’t have a strong preference for the spread but would lean toward the Islanders at -4 or better. However, my favorite play is the over. Nerves could be a factor early, but both of these teams have clear paths to putting points up on the board.
Texas A&M-CC vs. Southeast Missouri State 2023 NCAA Tournament Picks
Pick: Over 153.5 (-110)
More Round 1 & First Four Betting Picks & Predictions
- #16 Texas A&M-CC vs. #16 Southeast Missouri St. (First Four)
- #8 Maryland vs. #9 West Virginia
- #5 San Diego St. vs. #12 Charleston
- #4 Virginia vs. #13 Furman
- #6 Creighton vs. #11 NC State
- #3 Baylor vs. #14 UC Santa Barbara
- #7 Missouri vs. #10 Utah State
- #2 Arizona vs. #15 Princeton
- #8 Memphis vs. #9 Florida Atlantic
- #5 Duke vs. #12 Oral Roberts
- #4 Tennessee vs. #13 Louisiana
- #6 Kentucky vs. #11 Providence
- #3 Kansas State vs. #14 Montana State
- #7 Michigan State vs. #10 USC
- #2 Marquette vs. #15 Vermont
- #1 Kansas vs. #16 Howard
- #8 Arkansas vs. #9 Illinois
- #5 Saint Mary’s vs. #12 VCU
- #4 UConn vs. #13 Iona
- #11 Arizona State vs. #11 Nevada (First Four)
- #3 Gonzaga vs. #14 Grand Canyon
- #7 Northwestern vs. #10 Boise State
- #2 UCLA vs. #15 UNC Asheville
- #1 Houston vs. #16 Northern Kentucky
- #8 Iowa vs. #9 Auburn
- #5 Miami vs. #12 Drake
- #4 Indiana vs. #13 Kent State
- #11 Mississippi State vs. #11 Pitt (First Four)
- #3 Xavier vs. #14 Kennesaw State
- #7 Texas A&M vs. #10 Penn State
- #2 Texas vs. #15 Colgate
Win Prizes in our FREE Bracket Contest >>
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | RadioPublic | Breaker | Castbox | Pocket Casts
College Basketball, Game Preview, March Madness, Picks, South Region